Owning a home gives you the opportunity to customize your build, select an ideal location and even rent out your property. How you go about constructing your home is a huge decision, as building methods influence timelines, foundations, materials and more.
The concept of owning a modular home is becoming widely popular for families today. These homes give consumers the opportunity to work with a preset floor plan for quick deliveries and installations. Modular homes are excellent investments that are drastically different from manufactured residences.
What Is a Modular Home?
Modular homes are constructed in a factory and get delivered to a plot of land for permanent placement. These homes are incredibly similar to houses that are built on-site, but construction happens on a shorter timeline. A typical modular home takes between 16 and 31 weeks from design to final placement. Homeowners even have customization options that should suit their vision and needs.
What Is a Manufactured Home?
A manufactured home is also made in a factory, but the home is not permanently placed. Manufactured homes are designed to be portable and move from plot to plot. If you’ve ever been driving and passed a large truck carrying a full-size house, you’ve seen a manufactured home.
These residences often look like mobile homes, and their owners don’t have to commit to settling in one location. Traditional home ownership revolves around having a title to the home and the land surrounding it. Manufactured homes are similar to cars and boats in that you own the home but have to rent the space where it sits.
Modular Home Value
Modular homes are an incredible investment for first-time homeowners. Instead of searching for a home that already exists, homebuyers can select a plot of land and build a home that matches set goals based on their budget. Modular homes rarely depreciate over time because they’re set permanently like on-site built homes.
If you’re interested in modular homes, consider the following:
- Cost-effectiveness: Modular home materials are supplied in bulk, which makes the construction process less expensive than with on-site traditional homes. You’ll get the same features with significant savings.
- Quick build time: Once you get a permit, building will be as simple as molding pre-measured pieces together. Modular home building can be as short as four weeks once orders are fulfilled.
- Environment control: Modular homes provide accuracy with measurements for durability. Instead of materials being cut outdoors, modular home structures are more exact and crafted within a controlled factory.
- Appreciation in value: Modular homes compare to traditional homes in value. These residences can sit in neighborhoods and adapt to any location. Pristine modular builds require less maintenance and hold their value to the market.
- Style matching: Modular homes are customizable. Whether you choose a preset floor plan or design your own modular floor plan, your home will stand out from the next. Multi-floor plans let you cater to your family size and lifestyle.
Investors make considerable profits owning and renting modular homes. If you take the time to seek out the perfect location for one, it can be a gold mine for homebuyers and renters looking to vacation.
Contact Design. Build. Modular. for Home Construction
Design. Build. Modular. supplies modular homes to Connecticut and Massachusetts. Let us help you design your dream home with our turnkey solutions for quick turnarounds and construction. Contact Design. Build. Modular. today to learn more about our modular home floor plans and project timelines.
The future of home building has arrived with Design. Build. Modular.