If you’ve heard of a “smart home,” you probably have a general idea of what home automation is. Smart home automation involves automating certain elements of your home using Internet of Things (IoT) technologies. With a network of internet-connected systems and devices, homeowners can perform formerly manual tasks such as setting their thermostats, controlling speakers and televisions or turning lights on and off, all from a central location connected to the internet.
A more precise definition for what constitutes a home automation system is difficult to pin down, due to the variety of smart home automation systems on the market today. While some home automation technology is app-based, other forms involve a central control system within the home itself. Keep reading to learn more about how you can benefit from smart home technology for modular homes from Design. Build. Modular.
How Does Home Automation Work?
Home automation is constantly evolving as new smart home technology emerges every year. In light of this constant technological advancement, the basic functions of home automation remain largely the same. By definition, home automation involves programming elements of your home like your thermostat, lights, appliances, devices and other electronically controlled items to perform desired functions automatically.
Home automation today is made possible by IoT technology. Specific home automation systems vary by company and model, but all modern smart home systems rely on communicating with devices through wireless technology, radio signals and electronic configurations.
Smart Home Technology in Modular Homes
You can incorporate smart home technology into virtually any home. Home automation is especially feasible in modular homes, and you can add smart elements to homes like the ones we offer at Design. Build. Modular. with ease. Here are some ways smart home technology for modular homes can enhance your quality of life:
- You can automate your home security systems, structured wiring systems and other home networks and control them remotely.
- You can control lighting and other electrical functions, which can include light timing, energy monitoring, remote generator control and more.
- You can implement smart HVAC and IAQ systems to save energy and improve heating and cooling efficiency.
- You can enhance your kitchen, laundry and bathroom features with digital sinks and showers, water conservation systems, touchless technology and other useful features.
- You can implement smart water systems that utilize sprinkler systems, rainwater harvesting systems, hot water recirculation systems and much more.
- You can use smart building products in your modular home, including smart doors and windows, snow melting systems, energy-efficient windows and building materials, and motorized applications.
Discover how smart home automation can improve your modular home when you contact the modular home design experts at Design. Build. Modular.
Build Your Dream Home With Design. Build. Modular.
We’re keeping innovation in modular home technology at the forefront of our vision for the future. We incorporate the latest technology in smart home capabilities, building materials and energy-efficient home features to bring you the best in modular home living. Learn more about what we do today and reach out to our team to start your journey to your dream home!